Krupa on Vrbas excursion
*at least 1 participants are required to hold this tour
Visit to the monastery of st. Elijah
Very little is known about the past of this monastery. It is assumed that it was built during the time of the dynasty of Nemanjići. According to available sources, the monastery itself was built at the end of the 13th century or the beginning of the 14th century. During the 14th and 15th century, the monastery served as a church for the needs of the nobility and the army in the town of Greben. The monastery was abandoned after the fall of the Jajačka Banovina under the Turks in 1528. In the meantime, a log church was built, while the monastery was in ruins until the Turks left the area. The monastery was rebuilt at the end of the 19th century, in 1889, and then a belfry was added, which did not exist until then, mostly thanks to the Metropolitan of Sarajevo, Sava Kosanović, with the active participation of the people from the surrounding villages, parish churches and especially the contributions of the Gomionica Monastery. The monastery was destroyed and burned for the second time by the Austro-Hungarians in 1914, then in 1941 it was burned by the Ustasha during the Second World War. It also suffered in the 1969 earthquake, after which it was rebuilt. The status of the monastery was returned to it only in 1989.
A visit to the Stone Bridge not far from Krupa on Vrbas. In this locality, there are also several climbing routes that represent an attraction due to the panoramic viewpoint. The stone bridge is also the starting point of the hiking trail “Kočić’s trails” that leads all the way to the Gomionica monastery. Locals also call it the Maiden’s Bridge, according to the legend of a girl who tragically ended her life on the Stone Bridge due to unrequited love. The possibility of organizing a zip line. the path to the bridge is easy and takes about 15 minutes to reach the top of the Stone bridge.
The log cabin church
There is no reliable information about the time of its origin. It is considered to originate from the 18th century. Several legends are associated with its origin. According to one legend, during the Turkish persecution, the church “by itself” moved two kilometers. It was explained to the Turks that the angels had conveyed it themselves. Because of this, it was spared destruction. The church is very interesting because of its construction. Small, with only about 50 square meters, covered with split wooden boards, covered with shingles, it certainly attracts attention. What was interesting to us were the low doors. They say that they were made this way on purpose, so that the Turks could not bring in cattle and desecrate them.
Petar Kočić birth house (additional)
Did you know that near Banjaluka, on an area of 4,000 square meters, there is the birth house of Petar Kočić, a place dedicated to our famous writer and freedom fighter. The place is designed to reflect the spirit and way of life in the village of Zmijanje and contains a large number of interesting details and exhibits.
|Destination||Krupa na Vrbasu|
|Duration||3 – 5 hours|
Travel With Car